Flood Disaster Support
We all know how devastating this weather event has been, with many families and businesses affected up and down the east coast of Australia.
Finally, some details on the measures to assist those affected has been announced by the various levels of Government bodies.
If you have been unfortunate enough to have been affected by this weather event, check the links below for the support you may be eligible for:
- ATO Support includes a deferral for the December BAS lodgement
The ATO also offer payment plans and debt repayment delays where you have been affected by natural disasters.
- Queensland Government Support
- South East Queensland Floods – Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment.
- New South Wales Government Support – Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment.
- If you are struggling to meet other Government lodgement deadlines, please check with those bodies directly as to whether there are offering any deferrals (for example, State Payroll Tax obligations or Council Rates).
The Government websites are being updated regularly, so please check on them regularly if you think your suburb should be listed but isn’t when you first review.
From the Team at Holmans: Our thoughts are with those affected and wishing you all a speedy recovery.